Thursday, November 26, 2009

Igudesman and Joo: Kamu Batu!

I had a WONDERFUL time! RM170 bought us seats in the slightly elevated section, darn close to center. OMFG... they were HILLARIOUS! And BRILLIANT!

I had never noticed that the West Side Story and The Simpsons had Anything in common.

Igudesman did what I call his Mr. Bean impression, punctuating the violin pieces with gangly thrusts of knee and bum. That 1717 Santo Seraphin violin he plays has the sweetest, roundest sound you've ever heard.

Joo is by any definition, a piano virtuoso. At one point, he was playing a piece from BELOW the piano. Lying down, face up, below the piano, he just extended his hands to cup around the keys, and played 10 full bars of a classical piano piece. My jaw hit the ground so hard, I spent the next half hour picking up my teeth.

This made me want to go out & get a piano & start playing again. I had more or less given up the instrument... or so I thought. When I get my house, I'm Definitely getting myself a clavinova or something similar. I had no idea I missed music this much.

0 comments: