Monday, October 5, 2009

It's my party and I'll explode with joy if I want to

You wish you had my friends. You really really do. :)

It was a pretty good birthday already - only got out of bed at noon, quick lunch, yoga at 3, dinner with family. Supper with girlfriends would wrap it up nicely. It was the Mid-Autumn festival also, and Ann had asked if I wanted a mooncake as a birthday cake *laugh* I politely declined in favour of Caramel Banana Pancakes (YUM!).

Was supposed to be ready 10-ish, pick up Sham and meet Choon & Jason someplace or other. Sham calls me and says get ready, will sms/call when time to leave.

So I'm dressed & lazing about till it's time to go. She calls, and says ok let's go.
My dogs are going berserk outside, and I can barely hear her...

Then it occurs to me that I'm actually *hearing* MY OWN DOGS on the phone as I'm talking WITH her... There's this SURREAL moment when I'm processing this impossibility, and my legs are moving on heir own accord to the window, I look out & what do I see?

I see Sham, Choon, Jason, Sugee, Michelle, Chris & Kipsy walking down my road with LANTERNS!!!

LANTERNS!!! [insert dance of joy here]

I had told my dad on the same day that my lantern days were over... I was SO Wrong, obviously! *laugh* They sing Happy Birthday outside my gate, I hug them, all the time squealling something incomprehensible in a high pitch tone. *laugh* They had cupcakes & everything!!

We went to a mamak in Lucky Garden & ate & drank & laughed & told stupid jokes...

It was PERFECT.
Just PERFECT.

0 comments: