Saturday, October 24, 2009

Review: Law Abiding Citizen

You HAVE to watch this movie.

Its stars Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx.

And Jack Dalton.
Well.... it's really Bruce McGill...
But any decent fan of MacGyver would be going "Jack Dalton! So old liao!"
*laugh* Well maybe not *exactly* like that...

It's tastefully violent, though I confess... a girlie moment had me muting the sound (Read: stuck my fingers in my ears) in one scene involving a circular saw.
It certainly made me look at my mobile phone in a WHOLE new light.
You'll see what I mean.

Engineer has wife & daughter. 2 men break in, murder + rape wife + daughter, didn't manage to kill Engineer. Robber 1 makes deal with DA's office to roll over on Robber 2, even though Robber 1 is actually murderer+rapist. Engineer begs DA not to settle, but DA more worried about maintaining his 96% conviction rate. 10 yrs later, ppl start dying.

The story is an age-old one of revenge but though the central plot isn't new, it's very well told. It keeps a good pace, the unexpected shocks easily holding your attention. The emotions are believable, and hey, it's Butler, which is always nice. *laugh*

*So* worth the price of a ticket. Just make sure you leave the kiddies at home. It's not a pretty movie.

0 comments: