Wednesday, December 8, 2010

To iPad or not to iPad... that is the question.

Have been quite happy with my iRobot Android tablet... but it's broken :(
It's only been a couple of days, and I miss my ebooks already!
Now that I find that I do use the toy (and use quite extensively), am considering if I should get a better toy.
Better grades of Android tablets are the same price range as an iPad.
So now I'm considering the iPad.

Sigh.

In general, I hates Apple. Innovation notwithstanding, I hate how proprietary they are with almost everything & every part of the iPad/iPhone/iPod. Android is as innovative, as user-friendly, as flexible, without being panties-in-a-wad fanatical about making us pay for every damn part of the machine/accessory/app and controlling use of *ahem* evaluation software/apps/books/music. I really believe in the way Google makes all things possible for nothing (or next to nothing). However, there's no beating the iPad Human Machine Interface. It's mind-boggling & shineeeeyyyy. The gadget freak in me is, as sham says, perpetually Salivating.

For the same price, I have to consider the iPad because I don't believe in cutting my nose off to spite my face. Hence the conundrum.

0 comments: