Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Movie Review: Battle: Los Angeles

I feel like I've seen this movie before. Several times.
It's Independence Day meets War of the Worlds meets Black Hawk Down meets AvP.

Many things were broken in the making of this movie.
It's a flick you want to see in a movie theatre - to fully enjoy the special effects.
The aliens were ... not the point of the movie.
It's about how an aging Marine rediscovers his usefulness in the face of alien-induced adversity.

(cue violins)
"My men who died are engraved in my mind - I miss them everyday... "
"They're your men - not mine, (but I'll just quietly play hero cos I've been in the service longer than you've been alive)..."
"I need you to be brave. I need you to be a little marine for me, because Marines don't quit..."
And many such meaningful lines are some of the things you should expect of the dialog.

Go watch it in the cinema, it's a blast.
Most times, quite literally!

0 comments: