Friday, May 16, 2008

Review: Iron Man

For it's first self-financed movie, Marvel has done marvelously. (Bad bad bad, I know, but I couldn't resist!) It had the same vibe of Batman Begins. Raw. Back-to-basics. Messy. In a good way. *grin*

Robert Downey Jr. Whodathunkit?? It was a surprisingly good cast though! Someone had the vision & balls to do it. Quite a good fit! Speking of fit, he *so* is. He's obviously been to the gym a few times. On behalf of all who so appreciated that torso, Thank you, Mr. Downey. *drool*

I couldn't place Bridges till later, but the minute he opened his mouth, I knew I knew him. I don't think I've ever seen him as a badie, but he made a reasonably convincing one! Paltrow fit, but was negligible. I didn't even bother to find out who the bald man was - he was just a lackey after all. Cannon fodder.

Over all, I really enjoyed myself. Many things were broken in the making of this movie. Entertaining, to say the least! Definitely worth the price of a ticket!

0 comments: