Friday, May 16, 2008

Review: Prince Caspian

The book was better.

Overall, quite entertaining. They spent so much on CGI, they forgot to cost good actors in. Caspian came off as whiney, overprotected, nieve and sappy. And for some reason, all the Telemarines spoke with European accents. Weren't they supposed to be stranded Brit sailors that somehow found a wormhole into narnia? I mean, they were returned to London, weren't they?

Keynes and Moseley as Peter and Edmund, however, deserve mention, being really Convincing in their protrayal of frustrated teens. Keynes is as dreamy as before, but Moseley is starting to come into his adult features, and me likey. *grin*

The battles & CGI were reminiscent of LOTR, though obviously done on a smaller scale.
For no apparent reason, they decided to throw in a romantic link between Susan and Caspian. *rolls eyes* Unnecessary.

I LOVED Reepicheep, the sabre-weilding mouse. I LOLed when the mice took down soldiers in the tall grass like Velociraptors or those dwarf monsters in The Mummy Returns. What I did *not* know was that Eddie Izzard voiced Reepicheep! As if I didn't love him enough...

Liked it, I did somewhat. Loved it as much as Narnia 1, I did not. Watch it again, I wouldn't. Worth the price of a ticket? I suppose so. Just don't read the book, don't compare it to LORT, and check your expectations at the door.

0 comments: