Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Review: Speed Racer

I Liked!

They had really nice nods to the cartoon eg. the way the power moguls would talk, both facing the window... I'm explaining it badly, but if you've seen the cartoon, you know exactly what I'm talking about I'm sure!

The Wachowski brothers really did a good job! The effects gave me the same feeling as the cartoon did - where the colours are just a little too bright, the sounds, a little too brittle - Excellent. It was fast-paced, exciting ride, albeit, a little too long.

I miss the (admittedly completely cheesy) narration, and I'm not too sure I buy Hirsch as Racer. The fight during the rally race was Awesome, but the out-of-control scooter scene with Chim Chim could have been done better. I didn't particularly think Sarandon, Goodman nor Ricci were remarkable.

It isn't perfect, but overall, I had a really good time. It was a wild ride, and I'd recommend it to everyone.

0 comments: