Monday, September 14, 2009

Marketplace

Chris wanted to check out Marketplace - some club in town. Having never been there, a Saturday night out dancing seemed like a good idea. We got there before 11. The place was practically empty - we're early, I thought. Let's just get a couple of drinks & chat a while.

People started trickling in. We didn't pay much attention. Once, when I was randomly glancing at the crowd gathering around the bar, I noticed that a) There were an awful lot of gay guys at the bar and b) I was the only female in the room. I asked Chris if he had brought me to a gay bar. He blinked & asked me how I knew the guys were gay. *laugh* We have now established that Chris needs to work on his gaydar.

It did turn out to be a gay bar. Or at least, a "gay night" at that bar. *laugh* We didn't really care. The music was a bit too techno for my liking, but it was pumping, and there was a great energy in the room. The dance floor was PACKED. We could hardly move, but move we did. The smoke they pumped in, I didn't like... but I suppose it made sense with the laser light show.

I, of course, TOTALLY enjoyed myself. There was eye-candy galore, and I didn't have to worry about sending the wrong signals. I was most amused at Chris' reactions. *laugh* He was a gay bar virgin, and it sometimes showed.

Yes, baby. No one gives a fuck if you know who they are, what they're doing there, who they're with and who they leave with. No baby, don't worry, I won't let anyone take you home. *wink*

My market value has never been so low... *laugh*. I think there were maybe another 5 women in assorted areas... but it felt GREAT to have not a worry in the world, no eyes on me, and the most WONDERFUL of all, no queue for the restroom. I kid you not.

0 comments: