Wednesday, May 25, 2011

3 ipad2: case files

I decided on the C.E.O. Hybrid case from Marware.
It's as close to bullet-proof that I can get for under RM200.


Click here for website

Case is tough, reassuring in its stoic, ultra conservative finish. It's injection-moulded, and feels solid enough to be Lyn-proof... *laugh*

A brow-furrowing design fault: the clips are tight - as they should be, you may think... but the corner clips closest to the hinge are a little bit too much so, considering that you're constantly prying the ipad out of them so that you can fold it into easel mode.

I expect they'll wear out soon. This will replace my stiff upper clip (pun MOST DEFINITELY intended) problem for the "will it drop out" worry. To be fair, I expect the other 2 clips will prevent that, really...

That being said, now I'm having problems getting the anti-glare, smudge & grease-resistant, reusable, re-washable & colour-swap screen protector that I want: the iVisor because the iPhone.my review leads me to believe that the case may be too tight for the iVisor to fit.

Ricky's solution? "Don't need a screen protector loh..."
My response? "Fuck no! Can't live without one! Already wipe that thing kabillions of times a day. My OCD will KILL ME!"

So...
Step 1: find a local distributor of iVisor.
Step 2: take my toy over & find out once & for all whether it will fit.
Step 3: Pray that it doesn't cost more than the casing *pout*

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Stiff upper CLIP! HHAHAHHAHHAHAHA

Eng said...

Don't need a screen protector, in my experience the screen protectors attract more finger prints then the original screen

Eng said...

Did you not try out the smart covers?

Lyn said...

Smartcover just protects the screen. The back & sides are unprotected.

Besides that, one reviewer found that
1) claim that it gently buffs away fingerprints as you travel/move - false. At best, it smudges the f/prints.

2)Cover transfers oil/grime back onto the screen after a while, because it picks up dirt in easel form. :P